Dr. Haase received his Bachelor of Science degree from Ohio Northern University and then attended The Ohio State University where he received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 1997. He then completed an internship at the Sacramento Animal Medical Group before moving to Illinois and joining Care Animal Hospital in 1998. He returned to the classroom and completed additional training to become a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner in 2008.
With his family and pets, Dr. Haase enjoys mountain biking, backpacking, running, and competing in triathlons, marathons, and adventure races. He is an adjunct professor at his alma mater Ohio Northern University teaching biology students how to work and live in backcountry environments.
Dr. Haase provides both general veterinary services as well as extensive surgical services.
His surgical interests and expertise include:
- Cruciate Ligament injury repair with techniques such as TTA, TPLO, and TightRope.
- Minimally Invasive techniques including laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, arthroscopy
- Orthopedics including fracture repair, hip and elbow dysplasia intervention
- Soft tissue procedures
- Oncologic surgery
As a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner, Dr. Haase’s practice also encompasses:
- Physical therapy
- Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Treatments
- Cutting edge techniques for injury and pain management such as laser therapy and extracorporeal shockwave therapy
In furthering the human-animal bond, Dr. Haase and Care Animal Hospital also provide:
- Advanced reproduction management including breeding management, long-term semen preservation, artificial insemination, and whelping assistance.
- Breeder certification for PennHip, OFA, and genetic disease screening.
Professional Certifications and Proficiencies
- PennHip Certification – 2001
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner - 2008. I utilize traditional modalities for rehabilitation as well as Class IV laser therapy, VersaTron Shockwave Therapy, HakoMed Therapy, and Regenerative Medicine.
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA) Complete Course – 2004.
- Instructor - Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA) Complete Course – 2008
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) Certified – 2002.
- Arthrex OATS, Everost OrthoZIP, Arthrex TightRope proficiency and experience
- Kyon Total Hip Replacement - Complete Course 2006
- IMEX Complete Course in External Skeletal Fixation – 2003
- IMEX Companion Animal Circular External Skeletal Fixation Course – 2005
- AO / ASIF and Minimally Invasive Plate Fracture Management proficiency and experience
- Complete Course in Arthroscopy – 2003
- Complete Course in Rigid Endoscopy – 2003
- DexDomitor Anitsedan Local Expert (DALE) – 2007 to 2010.
- Vet Stem Regenerative Veterinary Medicine Certification - 2008.
- Synbiotics Canine Semen Freezing Certification – 2002.
- Zoetis Professional Speaker 2020
- 500+ Tibial Tuberosity Advancement procedures
- 300+ Arthroscopic procedures
- 200+ Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy procedures
- 500+ Lateral lateral suture cruciate repair procedures
- 500+ Luxating Patella procedures
- 200+ Canine and Feline Fracture Repair procedures incorporating external skeletal fixators, AO/ASIF plate fixation, locking plate fixation, internal wire/pin fixation, and interlocking nails.
- 500+ other miscellaneous orthopedic procedures encompassing femoral head ostectomy, triple pelvic osteotomy, total hip replacement, amputation, arthrodesis, etc.
- 1000+ advanced general surgical procedures encompassing gastrointestinal, urogenital, endocrine, neoplastic, thoracic, and other soft tissue procedures
- 200+ Minimally invasive procedures including ovariectomy, gastropexy, flexible endoscopy, bronchoscopy, rhinoscopy, cystoscopy, thoracoscopy, laparoscopy
“Nothing but the best to say about Care Animal Hospital. They are upfront, honest, compassionate, and love what they do. From front desk to vet techs to ER Vets, they are all doing their job and go the extra mile. Never have I had a bad experience. It is a loving family of qualified vet specialists who honestly care about these pets. Bubba just had an ACL procedure from Dr. Haase and my husband and I could not be more pleased. He explained everything and never pressured us to have the procedure done. We were extremely pleased with the outcome and the treatment.”Cheryl S. - Arlington Heights, IL
“I have to give a shout out to Dr. Haase who performed 2 successful ACL/TTA surgeries on both my dog's (B*) legs. He is very professional and thorough. They were able to perform the surgery the same day I brought B* in and let B* stay an additional night free of charge.”Grant S. - Schaumburg, IL
“Dr. Haase was great with our dog Perla. She broke her arm and he placed an external fixator on her right arm. She's back to normal running in the yard and being happy again. Much improved!”Steve F. - Palatine, IL
“Dr. Haase is an outstanding and compassionate vet.”Dr. D - Evanston, IL