Care Animal Hospital provides reproductive services to pet owners and breeders alike, including semen collection, freezing, shipment, and trans-cervical and surgical insemination.
The use of canine frozen semen has increased dramatically in recent years. As a result, top breeders are now considering frozen semen an integral part of a complete breeding program.
The are many advantages of frozen semen:
- Multiple matings from a single collection
- Breeding to an unavailable stud dog (geographic, ill, or deceased.)
- Long-distance and international breeding
- Increased gene pool
- More offspring from excellent studs
- Guarantee top-stud breeding availability to future generations.
- Preserve the genetic line you've worked so hard to develop.
- More revenue for your kennel
Fresh-Frozen Semen Collection and Shipping
- Excellent conception rates
- Allows for long-distance and international breedings
- Spreads your top bloodlines to otherwise inaccessible areas to improve the entire breed
Transcervical Endoscopic Insemination
An endoscope is used to locate the cervix and pass a catheter through it for intrauterine insemination. There is no need for anesthesia and surgery with this technique, which yields excellent conception rates when high quality chilled or frozen semen and a healthy bitch are used.
During a short abdominal surgery, semen is directly injected into the uterus. This technique provides excellent conception rates when semen quality is low, when using low-dose frozen semen, or when the female has fertility problems related to the cervix.
Care can help your kennel with:
- OFA & Penn Hip Films
- Pre-purchase and Breeding Soundness Examinations
- Infertility Treatment
- Kennel Health Management
One of Dr. Aul's Field Trial dogs, Magic, is available for breeding.
- FC CFC CAFC Taylorslab Magic Trick MH CD
- OFA# LR-117358E32M-PI Excellent
- Finalist at the 2006 National Open
- Qualified for the 2005 National Open
- Leading Canadian Open Dog 2004
- 4 Open Wins, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths, 1 JAM